Application „We make Democracy“ for Non-Swiss Residents
Aims of the Exchange Meeting
We want to make a change and explore ways to access democracy for all!
Youth Organisations and society as a whole can only benefit from their active members being as diverse as possible. Unfortunately, there are still different groups of youth facing barriers to access youth organisations and participate in democratic processes.
While the Exchange Meeting is addressing manifold underrepresented groups, a special emphasis is made to use the synergies between Switzerland, the Western Balcans/Moldova and it’s diaspora in Switzerland in order to support intercultural understanding in Youth Work.
The Exchange meeting is aiming to improve the inclusiveness of Youth Organisations in Switzerland and the Western Balcans/Moldova through decreasing prejudices against marginalized or underrepresented groups. The activity is focussing on the exchange of knowledge as well as capacity building on inclusive participation by the involved participants, leading to strengthening the network and building sustainable cooperation. The activity is lead by an international group of Youth Workers with expertise on intercultural understanding, non-discrimination and active citizenship for all.
The Exchange Meeting is coordinated by the Swiss National Youth Council (SAJV-CSAJ). It has been prepared in an international consortium of partners including Youth Center Perspektiva (Albania), Institut za politicni menedzment (Slovenia), Nasa djeca Zenica (Bosnia and Hercegovina), A different Generation (Moldova). Together with the European Students’ Union, these founding partners will provide experienced trainers for the meeting.
The Exchange meeting is funded with the help of movetia – exchange and mobility and the Citoyennete Programme of the Swiss Federal Commission of Migration.
- There is no participation fee and all costs for travel and accommodation are covered by SAJV-CSAJ.
- The Meeting is taking place 15 Sept – 20 Sept 2019 (including travel days).
- It is held in the Youth Hostel Richterswil close to Zürich, Switzerland. Participants will be accommodated there in bedrooms of four. Full board is provided.
- The venue is accessible and we are able to offer and fund special assistance (e.g. personal assistants, sign language translators) according to the needs of the participants. Your country partner (contact addresses see below) will coordinate with SAJV-CSAJ in order to make the necessary provisions to enable your participation.
- Flights and airport transfer in Switzerland will be booked and prepaid by SAJV:-CSAJ according to your needs as indicated by you in the application form (link see below. Airport transfer in the home countries can be reimbursed by SAJV-CSAJ upon presentation of a receipt. Your country partner is ready to help you in case of questions.
- Furthermore, we can provide financial and organisational support in order to obtain necessary travel documents and visa. Your first contact point is your country partner organisation.
Detailed information and programme will be provided to all selected participants in advance of the meeting.
Interested? In case you are fitting the following participants profile, please apply!
- Young adults from 18-35 who are junior trainers in Youth Organisations
- All participants must know English in order to be able to follow the program
- Eligible countries of residence: Albania, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Moldova and Switzerland
- All participants should attend the entire event. The costs incurred for participants being present for less than 80% of the event will be invoiced for the costs occurred and will not receive the certificate proving their attendance and newly gained competencies
- Experiences in group leadership in order to be able to share experiences and to disseminate the gained knowledge is desirable
- Participants from groups facing specific barriers will be given priority. The most diverse set of participants possible is the declared goal of the organisers to be able to explore manifold facets of inclusion and exclusion
You can apply for participation through this form Application Non-Swiss
The deadline for applications is the 5th of July 2019.
You will be informed about the selection results the latest by 15th of July 2019. In case of selection, your travel will be booked according to your indications in the application form the latest by 31st of July 2019.
In case of any further questions or need for support, please address your country coordinator:
Albania – Luis Bekteshi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Aldin Vrškić, email@example.com
Kosovo – Lorenta Kadriu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moldova – Cristian Slobodeaniuc, email@example.com
Montenegro – Jelena Jovanović, firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Macedonia – Nikola Ivanovski, email@example.com